Our goal is to see every patient get better and stay better! We see many patients with low back pain and many have different causes,but here are several tips to keep your low back in tip top shape this summer:
- Hydrate: Drinking lots of water helps maintain healthy intervertebral discs. The intervertebral disc acts as a shock absorber in the spine. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.
- Posture: Having poor posture throughout the day will cause your muscles to fatigue faster and makes you prone to injuring the low back. Spend less time on your cell phone or at a computer. Consider using a standing computer and takes breaks perodically
- Supplements: Vitamin D, calcium, magnesium and potassium are great for health bones!
- Stand up: Our bodies are designed to move. Sitting is the new smoking. Overtime the low back will get sore from prolonged sitting. Make it a point to get up and move every 30 minutes.
- Form is key: Awkward or health lifts can put a lot of stress on the low back and may cause injury to the discs. Always ask for help and remember to bend at the knees.
Our Woodbury chiropractic office is committed to your health. Use these tips to maintain a healthy back and enjoy a pain free summer.
Have you suffered from low back pain? Disc injury? It is time to call Cornerstone Chiropractic Clinic in Woodbury, MN. Our Woodbury chiropractor can help, call 651-207-6182 today and schedule a free consultation.